Bedouin Culture Safari
Bedouin Culture Safari
Experience life as a Bedouin nomad, learning how to survive in Dubai’s unforgiving desert. See how these hardy and resourceful people herded, hunted, camped, and thrived in the ultimate cultural safari. Your journey starts in the morning, as you’re driven out to the Dubai desert in air-conditioned comfort. Then, you’ll leave your modern amenities behind and mount a camel so you can ride the “ship of the desert”, until you arrive at your destination: a nomadic Bedouin camp, presenting a glimpse into authentic Bedouin life.
Our Guides will explain how to prepare your own traditional Arabic meal called Foul Medames, complete with traditional Arabic Ragaag bread and luqaimat, a delicious dessert, all the while enjoying the traditional dances performed by young local Bedouin. In authentic Bedouin style, breakfast will be served on a large platter on the floor so you can enjoy this fun and social tradition.
See how Land Rovers, first introduced in 1948, transformed Bedouins life, as they could finally trade, explore and survey the vast desert areas with ease. Climb aboard a vintage Land Rover into the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve for a wildlife safari, stopping and seeing how the native flora and fauna were used for survival.
- Experience an authentic glimpse into Bedouin History
- Sample traditional Bedouin Breakfast while meeting a local Bedouin
- Enjoy a wildlife safari in 1950’s vintage Land Rovers through the DDCR (45min)
- Food and Cooking stations where guests can help to prepare food – Foul, Medames, Ragag / flat bread, Luggamat
- Animal presentation – Camel ride (15min), Goats, Salukis (Desert Dog)
- Falcon Show – falcon presentation / falcon flying with the possibility to hold the falcon for pictures
- A light breakfast at an exclusive camp inside the desert retreat of the local Royal family
- Bathrooms facilities
- Hotel pick-up in an air-conditioned vehicle
- A portion of your fee is contributed towards local conservation
- Day of Operation : Daily
- Duration : Half day Morning 5 hrs.
- Drinking Water
- Outdoor shower only
- Language: English
- A private car booking is required if travelling with children under 5 years old
- Infants below 12 month are not permitted on our wildlife drive, however we can arrange an alternative on request.
- Children over 5 years old and under 12 will be accepted at the Child rate
- Pick up from Dubai Hotels between 6:30am and 7:30am (depends on sunrise)
- Return to the Hotel between 11:30am and 12:30pm
- The light snack includes water, soft drinks, Arabic coffee and a taster of Foul Medames, Ragag / flat bread, Luggamat